Careers - Procurment Manager
Job Title: Procurement & Supply Chain Manager
About Digital Power Corporation:
Digital Power Corporation (“DPC”) is a world-class solution-driven organization specializing in the design, manufacture, and marketing of power system solutions featuring cutting-edge technologies for the Telecom, Medical, Industrial and Military Markets around the globe. The Company is actively engaged with customers in targeted markets throughout North America Europe and Asia with a Headquarters in Fremont, CA. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of power and energy for the future.
The Procurement and Supply Chain Manager (“PSCM”) is responsible for processing DPC’s customer orders throughout our worldwide contract manufacturing (CM) relationships and oversees on time production completion and deliverables. The PCSM is responsible for managing and sourcing DPC’s finished goods products with materials and parts from our worldwide vendors. The role includes, but is not limited to, all aspects of international and domestic freight management and logistics, product shipment coordination and inventory management.
The Procurement and Supply Chain Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of corporate procurement including production schedules, purchase order placement, and freight arrangements to support corporate production objectives through DPC’s Contract Manufacturing network and other suppliers.
The role has overall accountability for implementing procurement plans and processes for delivering products to DPC’s customers by executing corporate revenue objectives on a quarterly and annual basis. Additionally, the incumbent will engage stakeholders and build support for initiatives by understanding options and risks associated with supply chain activities and will build supplier relationships in order to achieve superior performance and will negotiate commercial terms to deliver the best value proposition.
- Contact vendors and purchase products based on the Company’s backlog and sales forecasts ensuring timely procurement of products at optimum price and value while managing inventory levels and customer order requirements.
- Implement sourcing processes to ensure on time deliverables supporting business objectives.
- Proactively eliminate any potential logistic roadblocks to insure on time product delivery.
- Communicate and coordinate with company management, including the sales team, in order to understand customer needs and expectations and to resolve issues on a proactive basis.
- Review and maintain our inventory of products and place orders in order to maintain appropriate levels matching customer requirements.
- Maintain contracts and related administrative work.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders and change notices.
- Analyze market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and prepare market analysis reports.
- Maintain historical sales volumes and finalize sales projections for procurement.
- Expand procurement of various commodities worldwide.
- Committed to ensuring that products produced meet all safety and quality requirements
- Analyze financial data.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Characteristics Required:
- Excellent knowledge of electronic product manufacturing.
- Knowledge of financial and cost management, purchase order contract management and spreadsheet analysis.
- Inventory management.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Broad experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- Strong PC and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to successfully respond to common inquiries and complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, and members of the business community.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common financial reports and legal documents.
- Outgoing with a hands-on mentality.
- Adaptable to changing requirements and priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university and five years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Qualified candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org